SafeToOpen Phishing Detection & Protection
Phishing emails can look and feel legitimate. They use the same design and logos as the company or organization they’re pretending to be, and the same kind of language.
Most phishing websites impersonate:
- social media sites
- government agencies
- online game sites
- online services such as email service providers
It is best to increase your cybersecurity awareness so that you can distinguish suspicious emails from legitimate ones.
Home-based security tools such as anti-viruses can protect you against known phishing websites. They can't protect you against never-before-seen phishing websites.
SafeToOpen is the best tool for protection against phishing websites. SafeToOpen detects both known and never-before-seen phishing websites and informs you once you open them in your browser.
Click on the SafeToOpen Online Security extension for your preferred browser and click on "Add to Chrome", or "Add to Firefox" or "Add to Edge". You may need to approve the required permission.
It is always a good practice to allow the extension to run in Private Browsing (or incognito) mode.
Now you can enjoy surfing the web and opening links in your emails and social media with peace of mind. SafeToOpen Online Security extension notifies you if the webpage you are browsing is not "safe to open" in real-time.
SafeToOpen Online Security extension examines the content of websites you are browsing and notify you if it has detected a malicious site.
If you believe a particular warning message is shown by mistake, please report it to us using the "Was it a mistake" button.
In the very rare situation where the SafeToOpen Online Security extension didn't detect a phishing site, you can manually report it to us to protect others.
To report a website to us, please click on the SafeToOpen Online Security extension, and then click on report button.
- Download Opera’s Install Chrome Extensions addon.
- Go to the Google Chrome Web Store and search for SafeToOpen.
- Click the Add to Opera button.
- Click the Install button in the Extensions Manager (cube icon in your Opera sidebar).
- Voila! Enjoy SafeToOpen Online Security extension for Chrome in Opera.
- Browse the Chrome Web store and search for SafeToOpen Online Security.
- Once found, click Add to Chrome on the top-right of the page.
- A notification will appear in the middle of your screen, detailing what data and permissions you are granting the extension access to by installing it.
- Click accept.